Your guide on this trip is Ilse Huizinga. Listed in Scott Yanow’s (Downbeat) “The Jazz Singers, the ultimate guide” as one of the best jazz singers of all times. With 8 albums and over 25 years of performing and coaching worldwide.
The ultimate trip for aspiring jazz singers? Has to be New York. Performing in one of the famous jazz clubs. Scary? Not with Ilse there to prepare and coach you through the entire process.
Want to visit the clubs where Charlie Parker and Miles Davis made jazz history? Most of them are still there. Want to feel like Ella Fitzgerald, Sarah Vaughan or Mel Tormé, performing live in a New York jazz club? You can, with this trip to New York!
A week with workshops and masterclasses preparing you for the ultimate goal: performing live in New York! You will have plenty of time for sightseeing and shopping as well. This is the ultimate trip for jazz singers: inspirational, memorable and groundbreaking.
Live your dream! Now. When else?
Jazz Singers Trip New York
Sep 25 – Oct 1 (2), 2019
Where would we be without our dreams? If you love to sing jazz, chances are one of your dreams is to perform in New York. There is no place on earth that speaks jazz like New York.
This trip is the perfect way to make that dream come true. With Ilse as your guide & coach you’ll be having a ball!
“What a LIFETIME experience! To sing in a jazz club, to see great performers, to study with Ilse. It was even better than I’d secretly hoped for!”
“My favorite week of 2017! I knew this was going to be a great trip, but I never imagined it soooo great! I learned so much!” *****
“WHAT A TRIP! I learned a lot about jazz and performing, but also about myself. Ilse made everything easy and nice. If you want to live a dream – sing jazz in New York, go with her!”
Read Ingrid’s blog, who joined us in 2017, to get an idea:
- Intake lesson in Amsterdam, or via Skype / Facetime
- Six nights stay with breakfast in a hotel or apartment in a 2 – person room with separate beds
- 9 hours of workshops and masterclasses
- Visits to jam sessions / Open Mic Nights under Ilse’s guidance, or participation in concerts as a guest of Ilse’s
- Travel expenses (tickets). This way you have the option to stay longer or travel ahead. And perhaps you want to use your Airmiles?
- Lunch and dinners. This way you can eat according to your preference and budget. (We often end up eating together.)
- Entrance fees for clubs (around 10 – 15 dollar in New York).
- A room of your own. If you want one, let Ilse know and she’ll see what she can do for you. There will be an extra charge for a single room, if available.
As soon as the trip is final, Ilse will provide data about the best flights and times. You book your own ticket allowing you to add days to the trip. Most of the time we travel together. The earlier you book a ticket, the cheaper they are!
We stay at a hotel or apartment in the city center. Lessons take place in a studio or at the apartment.
Mornings are for lessons, afternoons for leisure and nights for performances or shows. If it’s still too scary for you to perform, you can always choose not to.
1. Your registration is definitive when you paid through the link on this site, or by bank transfer within 7 days of your booking.
2. You travel at your risk. Jazz Singers Academy / Ilse Huizinga does not accept liability for personal injury, damage or loss of your possessions.
3. In case of cancellation, for whatever reason, there will be no reimbursement. We advise you kindly to book the right travel insurances.
4. Ilse intends to have you all sing at Open Mic Events and/or concerts. However, there can be no guarantees, due to unforeseen circumstances in relevant clubs. Ilse will do her utmost to find alternatives.
5. If the number of attendees is not sufficient, the trip will be canceled, and the full amount will be refunded.
Book and pay
if you book before April 1, 2019
Sep 25 – Oct 1 (2), 2019