April 18 – 21, 2019
Jaaaaa, sehr schön: Berlin is calling us! Jazz in Berlin!
Berlin – there is always something going on! Picture yourself strolling from Brandenburg Tor to the Museum Island, having a coffee at Unter Den Linden, onwards to the Berlin Mauer and wandering through the amazing neighborhoods of Kreuzberg. While singing, of course :)
Berlin offers you a city break with vocal jazz workshops and masterclasses by Ilse. Aaaand a performance!
Plus an extra workshop by the charming Italian Davide Cerreta, who’s based in this historical city.
Berlin, here we come! Join us!
- Intake lesson in Amsterdam, or via Skype / Facetime
- Three nights stay with breakfast in a hotel or apartment in Berlin in a 2 – person room with seperate beds
- 8 hours of workshops and masterclasses with Ilse
- 1 workshop with Davide Cerreta
- Visit to jam sessions / Open Mic Nights under Ilse’s guidance, or participation in concerts as a guest of Ilse’s
- Travel expenses (tickets). This way you have the option to stay longer or travel ahead.
- Lunch and dinners. This way you can eat according to you preference and budget. (We often end up eating together)
- Entrance fees for clubs.
- A room of your own. If you want one, let Ilse know and she will see what she can do for you. There will be an extra charge for a single room, if available.
Sure, car and train are options as well. But what if you’d like to fly? As soon as the trip is final, Ilse will provide data about the best flights and times. You book your own ticket, allowing you to add days to the trip. Most of the time we travel together. The earlier you book a ticket, the cheaper they are!
We stay at a hotel or in an apartment in the city center. Lessons take place in a studio or at the apartment.
Mornings are for lessons, afternoons for leisure and nights for performances or concerts. If it’s still to scary for you to perform, you can always choose not to.
1. Your registration is definitive when you paid through the link on this site, or by bank transfer within 7 days of your booking.
2. You travel at your risk. Jazz Singers Academy / Ilse Huizinga does not accept liability for personal injury, damage or loss of your possessions.
3. In case of cancellation, for whatever reason, there will be no reimbursement. We advise you kindly to book the right travel insurances.
4. Ilse intends to have you all sing at Open Mic Events and/or concerts. However, there can be no guarantees, due to unforeseen circumstances in relevant clubs. Ilse will do her utmost to find alternatives.